Thursday 26 December 2013

Kim made me do it - 26.12.13




I've been on the hunt for a pair of black, ripped jeans for a good few months now, however the only one's I came across were a Zara pair. But unfortunately due to my voluptuous butt and child bearing hips Zara trousers are strictly off limits. However, innocently browsing pintrest on a lazy Thursday morning and stumbling across this photo of Kim looking ever so relaxed (but slightly 'bad-ass') chic, my scissor happy self took over...
I've owned these Cheap Monday jeans for just under a year now after snapping them up in one of Urban Outfitters many sales, but their a tad too long and always seem to get pushed aside by my beloved Topshop mom jeans, so I decided these were the perfect pair to get a makeover and finally start wearing.

1. Firstly I hunted out some sandpaper from the garage and started rubbing the patch that I wanted the rips in to make it appear more naturally worn and less like I've just attacked them with the kitchen scissors.
2. I then used a knife to cut a line where I was going to make the cut and to fray the denim  so the cut didn't look so 'clean'.
3. I used a basic pair of kitchen scissors to cut the rip which wasn't very hard as the sandpaper and knife had softened the denim ready for me.
4. Then finally, I used the knife again to create a few worn looking lines on the thighs to make the jeans appear extra worn.

I'm pretty pleased with the result and this has definitely made me want to wear these neglected jeans a lot more often now. I can't wait to pair them with a pair of pointy heels and an oversized coat or big baggy jumper. What do you think of ripped jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment