Tuesday 28 January 2014

Aesop first impressions - 28.01.14

So lets get this straight...I am a skin care whore. I find products I love and that work for me, but I'm always on the look out for something even better. And in this case, this range from Aesop has always been the stuff that's tempted me and that I've been forever wanting to try. 
I've done a lot of research on the parsley seed range as it sounds perfect for my skin type (combination, oily t zone, some breakouts but dehydrated). So on a recent trip to London I knew I had to pick this up. I went to the shoreditch store, which I think is one of three in London? If anyone reading this has ever been to an Aesop store you will totally know what I mean when I say that they are amazing. They are decorated extremely minimally and chic with all of the products lined up on shelves ready to pick up, which I personally love as sometimes I don't feel like having to tell a sales assistant my whole skin care story. However in this case, the guy who served me was lovely and really helpful. Unfortunately I didn't catch his name but myself, him and my boyfriend had a good chat and he kindly threw in 2 little bars of soap for free and quite a few sachets of samples for me to try. 
I initially only went in intending to purchase the parsley seed toner but got all hot under the collar and cracked and grabbed the cleanser too. I decided to only getting the 100ml bottles which are significantly cheaper than the big sizes. However I got given a pump to use for the cleanser which I think will probably save me from wasting too much product in the long run. I used both products last night and this morning and already I love the way they make my skin feel. They have a super herbal kinda smell, which some people may not like but I enjoy it, I guess it makes me think I'm putting something extra good into my skin because it smells so natural? The cleanser contains lactic acid so the assistant who served me said to rub in on my face with out water and leave for a few minutes before properly cleansing to let it break up the dead skin cells. I then simply massaged in with warm water and rinsed. It didn't lather a lot but still left my skin feeling very clean and smooth but without the tightness. I then followed with the toner which left my skin feeling very refreshed and extra clean. 
Obviously I won't be seeing real results yet, but in a few weeks time I plan to do a review going more in depth with how they have worked for me. Somehow this tells me this wont be the last of Aesop that you will be seeing... 





No comments:

Post a Comment