Sunday 23 February 2014

Time to break my wardrobe habbit? - 23.02.14

23.02.14
What, no black? That's the question I've been asking myself in my head lately whilst lusting over clothes. Instead of gravitating towards my usual 'wants' of black camis, black cropped jumpers, and black 90's style jeans and just general dark coloured clothes, I have been obsessing over clean, fresh colour palettes of white, light greys, nudes and creams. I don't know whether the fact that its almost March is having something to do with this, however as I look out of the window in my dim room all I see if a grey sky and rain...So no, probably not that.
I have come to the conclusion that I have rinsed black for all that it is worth. Yes I will always love the versatility of it and how it always makes me feel slimmer and I guess, confident. But sometimes we just need to break that wardrobe habit and try something new, for white and neutrals have their perks too! (One being they totally enhance my tan without me having to apply layers of Xen Tan and ruining my sheets.)
To me, the outfit I have created above just screams 'grown-up' and confident chic, whilst the see through heel on the loafers and laser cut detail on the skirt gives it an edgier vibe. All of these items are defiantly on my Spring/Summer wardrobe wish list, so watch this space. Guess its time for a fresh start?
Zara white top
zara.com


H M trench coat
$67 - hm.com


Rare London mini skirt
$65 - topshop.com


ASOS loafer
asos.com



No comments:

Post a Comment